Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's About Time

Rodney Alcala has been sentenced to death...again. This sick, twisted murder, raped, murdered, and mutilated many women. Likely, he is guilty of killing more than he has stood trial for. I wonder if it is even worth spending any time talking about this man.

However, what bothers me is that he committed these murders in the 1970's, when he was in his 30's and now he is in his 60's and this leach has been living off tax payers for too long.

Thankfully, justice will finally be served. I live in a country that does not have the death penalty. Many inmates have better living arrangements than average citizens who are not criminals. Anytime, there is a clear case of first degree murder, it should always have a mandatory death penalty. It is unjust to allow such a leach on society to live.

31 years ago there was a 12 year old girl on her way to ballet practice, but she never arrived. She was found 12 days later in a forest preserve, having been mutilated by wild animals. Who was guilty? Rodney Alcala! Does he show remorse? No.

Just think, even the most wicked may be called by God into faith and a new life. Is there hope for this man? Yes, there is. As much as he disgusts me, I am reminded of my own sinfulness and I understand that I am saved by God's grace, and without that grace, I would likely have died a long time ago. The foolishness of the cross. Soli Deo Gloria!

1 comment:

  1. Here is the full article if you are interested.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100330/ap_on_re_us/us_seventies_slaying

    ReplyDelete