Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Abbotsford Canadian Reformed School Society

For those who might be interested, at an Annual General School Society Meeting for John Calvin School in Yarrow, B.C. those who are in ecclesiastical fellowship with the Canadian Reformed Churches are now eligible to be full (voting) members of the school society. As many said to me last night at the meeting, "this should have happened a long time ago." Since this was a "major resolution" for the society, they needed 75% or more to vote in favor. They got that. I trust that this is in accord with what the URC synod said in 2010 that the churches should seek further local, organic unity with our CanRC brothers and sisters. After the result of the vote announced, there was a round of applause.
For me, this means I will be sending in my application for membership, for which I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment